South West Health
Serving Shelburne, Yarmouth and Digby Counties
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Two Family Physicians Accepting Patients in Digby
Phone lines open extended hours—accepting 500 patients
Friday, June 20 starting at 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.
Another new Family Physician has been successfully recruited to the Digby area and will soon start accepting new patients.
Dr. Hussam Abu-Seido joins South West Health after practicing as a Family Physician in the United Kingdom, where he received his training in family medicine. He also worked as a consultant Family Physician at Saad Specialist Hospital, Saudi Arabia.
Both Dr. Abu-Seido and Dr. Pejman Nourian will be accepting new patients through an expanded telephone application process on Friday, June 20, starting at 3:00 p.m. The number of patients has also been increased to 500 at this time.
Along with accepting more patients at one time, the time of the telephone request process has been increased and moved to the end of the day to make it more convenient for people who work.
People interested in being considered as a patient of Dr. Abu-Seido or Dr. Nourian, note, patients will be accepted by phone during the following time:
Friday, June 20
Phone lines open at 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.
Or until 500 patients are accepted
· Telephone requests will be accepted at 902-245-3025.
· Please have your MSI number, date-of-birth & current phone number when you call.
· A total of 500 patients will be accepted at the above time. After 500 patients, the registration process will close. An announcement will be made when patients are being accepted again.
· The Physician offices are NOT able to keep a waiting list.
· People will only be considered who do not currently have a primary health provider (a Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner) in South West Health - Digby, Shelburne or Yarmouth Counties.
· First priority will be given to the residents of Digby County.
· Please do not call with a list of names of friends or extended family members. Dr. Abu-Seido and Dr. Nourian are only able to consider you and your immediate family members (spouse, parent or children).
There will be more upcoming opportunities to become a patient of Dr. Abu-Seido or Dr. Nourian. The Physicians will be accepting more patients at a later date. An announcement will be made at that time. All announcements about Family Physicians accepting new patients are shared with the local media, and posted on the South West Health website: www.swndha.nshealth.ca
South West Health is pleased to work with local municipal governments, community organizations and the Department of Health & Wellness on our recruitment efforts.